Well, I do declare!
As I gather my thoughts, it's Palm Sunday, and I've been intentionally thinking on Jesus and what I believe. So, what do I believe?
· The penalty of sin - which must be paid - is death
· I am a sinner worthy of death
· The penalty for sin was paid by Christ
· He died for my sins, was buried and raised on the third day
· Salvation is a free gift from God (saved by grace not works)
· I must believe in my heart and accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord
· Believing in my heart means my actions, my changed life lines up with my confession of faith or words
· I have eternal life, I am sealed in the Holy Spirit and all my sins forgiven
Just typing these truths causes my heart to start singing... "Jesus paid it all - all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, I'm washed as white as snow." My heart swells with gratitude and as I slow down long enough to savor these truths and remember...God made Jesus who knew no sin to be sin on my behalf, so that I might become the righteousness of God in Jesus (2 Cor. 5:21). Wow.
Well, I do declare! Jesus is Savior and Lord. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. What do you declare?